Wavepool in Waco
BSR Cable Park's "surf resort" by American Wave Machines official reopening is July 1st. Here's some info for your first surf trip inland.
- $101.48 is the cost for an hour long expert session.
- 9 people per expert session
- There is not an "all day" pass for surfing.
- Temperature in Waco is currently 99 degrees and will remain similar for next 3 months.
- The freshwater pool is slippery on board, a double pad on the board is recommended or wax readily available in your boardies.
- What is water quality like in stagnant freshwater pool dug out of the clay fields of Texas ?
- 2 days with 2 sessions per day should be sufficient and leave you surfed out. That's around $450 for surfing only. Beer and lodging will be more. BYOB is part of the program at the BSR Cable Park ! Got to love Texas.
- The pool can break down. The liner on the bottom of the pool can rip forcing a closure or the machine itself pumping air for the waves can break. It hasn't been run for as long as it will when you get there.
- You will not surf the air section unless you book a private session. Rumored to be $2500 dollars for the 8-10am hours when it is the least windy... and $7200 for an 11-am-7pm all day session.
- If you book a session with 9 of your friends you can use the system for your own private session. Maybe the operators can change the wave settings so you can try the air section.